Friday, May 1, 2009

Cali: East Walker
































































I try to make the most of the opportunities I am given. I'm also always on the lookout for new ones 'cause if you don't listen for opportunity knocking, how are you going to ever let him in?

As an example, nearly every chance I get to explore somewhere new, I try to make happen. Knowing I was going to have a business meeting in San Jose, I did a little quick research on fishing and climbing opportunities late April in the Sierra. Two things quickly entered the radar -- big Brown Trout fishing opportunities on the East Walker River, and climbing Mt. Whitney before the lottery permit season began. 

So after meetings concluded -- hopped in the rental and headed straight up over the mountains to the Eastern Sierra -- a high desert which was new terrain for me. Avoided the people, found a few Browns, confirming the rumors.

Thanks to Steve (www.wayupstream.com) and Mikey (http://www.burlproductions.com/index.htm) for facilitating the tugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment